Blog Archive

Friday, December 28, 2012

Looking Back: 2012

I love doing these posts. You can check out my previous 'Looking Back' posts for 2010 and 2011! Starting with January 2012...
January was pretty quiet, the only thing that happened was that I started a new school on January 30. Not so new anymore since I have a little over a month to go until I'm done this program!
I saw Simple Plan for the 9th time on February 23. Yes, 9. Two of my favorite bands, All Time Low and Marianas Trench, opened for them this tour. I had to line up for 6 hours to get second row at the Bell Centre aka the biggest venue in Montreal, but I wouldn't change having frozen feet once I got into the venue for anything else. The production on this tour was the best I've ever seen from them and I'm impatiently waiting for their next show!
A little over two weeks later on March 12, I saw Hedley for the second time at the same venue. It was a crazy concert month! I saw four of my favorite bands in the span of two weeks. I was the happiest person on earth, really.
April brought a few trips to Centennial Park. Other than that, not much else except for preparing for the cruise!
May brought a gorgeous two-week trip to Florida and a Caribbean cruise. We spent the first few days in Fort Lauderdale, and then we boarded the cruise. We went to Turks & Caicos, the Dominican Republic, Aruba (where I spent my 21st birthday!), and CuraƧao. After the cruise, we spent a week in Boca Raton, Florida which we spent the majority of the time shopping. Also eating. We had a blast. :)
June was spent finishing the first half of school before summer break.
In July, we went to see fireworks for Canada Day. Summer break also started where I was off school for a month, so it was pretty relaxing!
August brought a beautiful wedding at Auberge Des Gallant. My brother got married.. and I also got the sister I've always wanted. :) I got to photograph the day with Shanna's uncle, and I'm really glad I had the chance to capture it all through my lens.. it made the day that much more special. There were tears, there was laughter, and most of all, there was so much love and happiness that filled that venue.
I went back to Centennial Park in September for last minute summer pictures.
In October, I spent a lot of time with Jared and Shanna. We went to the Botanical Gardens and apple picking.. which consisted of lots of sleepovers. So much fun. I love spending time with those two. 
November also brought a lot of Shanna and Jared time, and we put up the Christmas tree which I love doing! 
Last but definitely not least, December. Christmas and Hanukkah were wonderful with being surrounded by family which I am so grateful for. I also love this dog to pieces. Yep. 2012 was a great year.. I'm not sure what's in store for 2013 yet except for one thing: my dad and Wendy are finally tying the knot and getting married! I'm sooo excited to photograph it all! 
See you in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...