Blog Archive

Friday, December 30, 2011

Looking Back: 2011

Like last year, I'm going to post a picture from each month of this year and just do a review of 2011. :) So starting with January..
One of my best friends Sara was here for a week and we did some super fun things like go to the Biodome, baked Snickerdoodles, went to Ottawa, and celebrated New Year's Eve with fireworks. We had a blast!
February was pretty uneventful! It definitely was a less exciting month of 2011.
In March, I started to bake and cook a lot. I tried a bunch of new recipes and got the hang of the whole cooking and baking thing pretty quickly!
April was pretty quiet, although we did take a weekend trip to Plattsburgh which was fun. :)
May was fun and exciting, but also pretty scary at the same time! Jake had to have surgery, and I was on my own for the first time. Although I wasn't expecting to be alone with a sick dog on my hands, Jake and I turned out okay. :) I also saw Simple Plan's secret show on my birthday (and Pierre's birthday, their lead singer), which was easily one of the best birthdays I've ever had! I also became a gleek.. and I fully admit that. :D
June was BUSY! I saw Simple Plan for the second time this year on June 20th, their new album came out on the 21st, and three days later I was off on a 7 hour plane ride to California with my mom! We went to Disneyland, Seaworld, Hollywood, and I went to Warped Tour to see Simple Plan for the third time, and a few other bands as well. It was go go go all week, but we had sooo much fun and it was such a great experience.
July brought a few trips to the cottage with my mom and the dogs, which were nice and relaxing.
August brought a three day trip to Vermont with my dad and Wendy! We did a lot of shopping, and it was nice to get away for a few days. I also went back to school for my last semester!
In September, I worked part time pretty much every Friday at Wendy's office, which was good money for me. With that money, I got myself a new laptop with help from my dad and Wendy, which was my first big purchase ever. I love it.
October brought a fall trip to the cottage, which also brought pretty fall pictures!
November brought snow... which shortly melted after this, and we didn't get any more snow until Christmas. Pretty crazy! I also met one of my best friends, Priscilla in November which was so freaking exciting! We gave her and her sister a tour of Montreal, went shopping, had two Montreal meals (smoked meat and poutine!), and watched our favorite show Supernatural! We had soooo much fun. :D November was awesome, really awesome! P.S. How cute is Jake in the snow? Love that dog to pieces. :)
December brought lots of family time, especially around Christmas and Hanukkah! It also brought lots of yummy food, awesome gifts, and happiness. Best way to end 2011. :) I'm also an unofficial Cegep graduate, wheeee! I won't know for sure until I get that one last exam grade. But.. I'm 90% sure all is good!

And there you have it, 2011 in twelve pictures! 2012 is just around the corner, and so far we have a cruise+a week in Florida happening around my 21st birthday and two concerts which I already have my tickets for (Simple Plan and Hedley for the win!). And that's just so far, who knows what else will come up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...