Blog Archive

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Looking Back: 2010

I got the idea from Sara's blog post to pick one picture for each month of 2010 and write about what happened. I thought it was a wonderful idea, so I decided to do it as well. :) 2010 was both good and bad, but in the end, I grew as a person, made some great decisions in my life, and I've never been more ready to move on from the few bad things that made 2010 hard.

 January was full of experimenting with my new camera. Learning how to use it in auto, and slowly using program mode, to fully learning how to use it on manual which is what I currently use! I also went to a Canadiens game in January, which is why I used Cammalleri for this month.

February brought lots of baking, whether it be cookies, cakes or cinnamon buns. Lots of yummy, tasty desserts were made!

In March, I went to the Montreal Canadiens Hall of Fame which is filled with Habs memorabilia and history. Perfect place for a Canadiens fan to be!

April brought a Hedley concert to remember forever. It was an amazing, amazing show, and a definite highlight of 2010. :) ♥

In May, I finished my Winter '10 semester, and turned 19 on the 9th. Not much else happened in May, it was pretty uneventful!

June brought a wonderful week-long trip to Pennsylvania!! I went by train, and met up with my friends and stayed with my American (Sara)'s family! We went to Philly and I had my first real cheesesteak ever, Delaware Water Gap which was gorgeous, New Jersey to the beach, and to a minor league baseball game! We all had an incredible week and it's a week that will stay with me forever. :)

 July was a month full of picture taking! I took pictures up at Mount Royal, the Atwater Market, and Beaver Lake. 

At the end of August, my dad, Wendy and I took a trip to New Hampshire and Vermont! It was a lot of fun, and we did a looottt of shopping at the outlet malls! School also went back in August and I started my Fall '10 semester.

September was a huge month for me. I grew so much as a person. So much that I can't even put into words. I made decisions in my life that I never thought would ever be a reality one day. But, here I am, living life to the fullest in the greatest environment I could ever wish for. All because I pushed myself to make the greatest decision of my life: moving in with my dad and Wendy. It changed me for the better, and I am THE happiest I have ever been in my life. :) I also made the decision that photography is what I want to do in the future, and I am so, so excited to apply for it in March and move in a new, exciting direction!!

October brought my favorite season: fall. We went on a day trip to Saint-Sauveur, Quebec where I got gorgeous fall pictures!

November brought the cold. Lots and lots of snow! I enjoy winter to an extent, so snow is okay. ..for a bit.

December brought an amazing Christmas with my family, and also a huge surprise that I was not expecting at all. My American, Sara, came up and surprised me. QUITE an amazing way to end 2010!! :)

So, that's my 2010 recap in pictures! All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good year, despite its ups and downs, but what year doesn't have those? Not many. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. And no one will ever put me down to the point where I won't keep going. 2011 is going to be positive. I'm going to be as positive as I can, and less negative. Life is too short for that stuff. 2011 is going to bring me lots of happiness..I can feel it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...